Harewood Combined Training Group Code of Conduct
HCTG is affiliated to the national British Riding Clubs organisation which is part of the British Horse Society. Our club is in Area 4 of the BRC. All club members are bound by the BRC Code of Conduct, the full details of which are published annually in the BRC Rulebook. It is available to download free of charge at www.bhs.org.uk/enjoy-riding/british-riding-clubs
Members are expected to behave with consideration for others at all times. Unpleasant, abusive or offensive behaviour to any member, guest or official will not be tolerated. The welfare of the horse/pony is paramount and all members are expected to adhere to the British Riding Clubs Code of Conduct for welfare at all times.
Members of Club Teams must recognise their responsibilities as team members and their conduct at events reflects positively on the club. Members are asked to abide by the spirit of the club objectives to improve our horsemanship for the benefit of horses, to help and encourage others, and to improve standards of riding in a safe and positive environment.
- It is the responsibility of all horse/pony owners to ensure that their animals are in sound health before attending lessons.
- Current standard hard hats must be worn at all times when mounted. Body protectors must be worn when required. Updated in 2017 the BRC Hat & Body Protector regulations are available on our website and BRC website.
- Members must be respectful to coaches and fellow members at all times.
- Attendees in lessons are asked to respect the advice of our coaches during teaching time.
- Inappropriate use of the whip or unduly harsh riding will not be tolerated.
- Members must follow sensible and established protocols in warmup areas and lessons.
- Members are committed to the BHS /BRC equality and diversity statement and be respectful of all fellow members regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, race or religion.
Committee members and their contact details are available on our website, if you have any concerns or queries please do not hesitate to ask, we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Alternatively speak to any of our club coaches.